space, time,... codes.

Friday, October 20, 2006

P&G Marketing Dinner

Matagal na 'to nangyari pero I feel na kailangan ko 'to ipost.

I was invited to have dinner with the Marketing guys of P&G at the Embassy Cuisine a couple of weeks ago. They told us na there were only 10 people from each school (UP, Ateneo, La Salle) who were invited. I was flattered. ahem.

The thing was, I felt OP the whole night. Imagine (especially for EEE guys), all other UP students there were from BA, Econ, and IE! They were talking about JnJ, Uniliver, Advertising, Marketing.... Ano masasabi ko? Shit diba? Natameme lang ako. Umupo. Tumango. "yeah". Kumain. Umupo. Tumango. "yeah". Para kong si Katkat - "yeah" lang ng "yeah". he he.

Eto pa! One of the recruit managers tried to break my silence by asking the question: "Geof, what are your apprehensions about P&G?". E HINDI ko alam ibig sabihin ng 'apprehension'! HOLY. HORRORS. Shit talaga! I wanted to vanish! Pero bahala na! I thought that she was asking my general thoughts about the company. So sinabi ko na: EEE students actually don't see P&G in their most wanted jobs list. Most of them will say, "ano gagawin ko dun?".

Ayun. When I learned what 'apprehension' really means, mukhang pwede na yung sagot ko... diba? he he.. Shit pa rin!

The night was really degrading. Most of the time, mayabang ako pero that time, it was just a whole new world for me. Unbelievable sight. Indescribable feeling. Soaring, tumbling, free-willing...

Pero ok na yun. I'm still applying in P&G. I was scheduled for an interview last Tuesday sana pero I had an exam (153). So they're rescheduling pa.